Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Meet Ayubi of Afrokat


Meet one of our entrepreneurs, Ayubi who owns Afrokat, a business that refurbishes and designs shoes. Only 14 years old, his passion and ambition inspires us!

“Ever since I was as young as 10 years old, I was an artist. Growing up, I wasn’t that big of a talker, but art and design have always been an outlet for me to express myself. In the summer of 2015, I took my passion for art to another level; I began to refurbish and design shoes. Each shoe pair takes about 10 hours to make; it’s hard work, but I really enjoy it. I draw inspiration from my surroundings when I design my shoes. You see this shoe here? I saw a rose one day, and I thought, hey this could look sweet on a shoe. For some of my buyers, I discuss with them my design ideas and customise the shoes to their liking. My dream is to grow Afrokat as a business to show other youth that they should just go after their ideas and not hesitate, even if they’re young. With personal drive and support from amazing networks, it’s really possible to take your idea further. For me, it was great when Helius gave me my own space to make shoes here in ReCity, and I’ve had the chance to discuss my business goals and plans to further grow my business with them too. I am really excited to see where this will go!” 

We are certain this young artist is bound for success and are so excited to help him build upon the Afrokat brand. Get ready to discover your new, favorite shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment